- “The vast majority of Americans – 95% – now own a cellphone of some kind”
- “Reliance on smartphones for online access is especially common among younger adults, non-whites and lower-income Americans.”
- “Today just over one-in-ten American adults are “smartphone-only” internet users – meaning they own a smartphone, but do not have traditional home broadband service.”
Summary: Nowadays, people are always connected to the digital world. Cellphones, and consequently, social media have been changing the relationships among friends, family, empolyees and couples.
- ” Teen friendships are strengthened and challenged within social media environments”
- “72% of all teens spend time with friends via social media; 23% do so daily.”
- “42% of all teens spend time with friends on messaging apps such as Kik and WhatsApp; 14% do so every day.”
Summary: This article talks about how teens and children are extremely addicted to social media, and how technology have been impacting their life style and relationships.